A couple of weeks ago we had the opportunity to gather some insight at the MAP Flapjacks for the Farm pancake breakfast. Here's what we gathered!
What Does Community Gardening Mean to You?
1. A sustainable future
2. I've never done it, but I imagine a lot of pretty gardens in the city and a sunny place where I can hang out with friends and meet new people.
3. Hard work, weeding and sun
4. Making use of otherwise fallow land
5. Sharing the Earth's bounty
6. Apple orchards- all kinds... NY is an apple state!
7. Opportunities for urban residents to garden and grow food
8. Arbor Day- check out their website for good ideas!
9. Grow hazelnut trees
10. Fig trees!
11. Check out the Local Harvest website!!